1. Balloons and Temperature: Please don't leave balloons in a hot car - helium expands in the heat and this could cause your balloons to pop! When helium-filled balloons are taken into the cold, they will temporarily deflate and will re-inflate again when warm. Please do not leave your balloons in the car, garage or anywhere too hot or too cold for any length of time. When collecting your balloons in balloon bags, please make sure you take them out of the bags once you get home.
2. Balloons - Child and Pet Precautions: Balloons can present a choking hazard. Store balloons away from them to ensure they cannot get tangled with ribbons or ingest balloons or their contents.
3. Balloons and the Environment: NEVER release balloons. ALL released balloons become litter.
4. Inhalation of helium: Inhaling helium can be dangerous and it is not recommended.
5. Balloons and Ceilings: Lights, paint textures, irregular surfaces and even static can all pop balloons. If you are planning on placing your balloons on a ceiling, ensure that you test it first.
6. Latex balloons and Oxidization: Clear balloons become cloudy quickly when exposed to heat and sunshine. Coloured balloons will take on a velvety, matte appearance.
7. Balloons and Average Float Times: Approximate float times for balloons are only a guide.
Float Times - Helium Only
11” Latex 8 – 10 Hours
16” Latex 10 – 24 Hours
36” Latex 24 – 36 Hours
18” Foil 3 - 5 Days
Supershapes 3 - 5 Days
Bubbles 5-10 Days
Float Times - Helium and Hi-Float
11” Latex Up to 2 - 3 days
16” Latex Up to 1 - 2 weeks
36” Latex 24 – Up to 4 - 6 weeks
8. Balloons can Pop/Deflate: While we use the highest quality balloons and take every precaution necessary with your balloons to ensure they last through your event, once the balloons leave our door or we have left the venue, they are out of our control. With that said, we are one of the few shops that will replace your faulty balloon, providing it is a manufacturer fault (not popped/damaged) within 24 hours of purchase as long as you bring the faulty one back to the shop to have it replaced. Due to the perishable nature of balloons no refunds can be given on balloons.